Friday, October 19, 2007

The B-I-B-L-E

A few weeks ago, there was a special Bible dedication in one of the interior villages of Brazil. One of our teachers went and said it was quite the experience. (I was not given the option to go, otherwise I would have jumped on it!)

The tribe receiving Bibles has had the New Testament but just received a complete Bible - New and Old - on the day of the ceremony. Imagine never having a complete Bible in your own language! Hearing about this event was a good reminder that I can often take the Word of God for granted. Do I truly appreciate having a Bible in English? Am I truly excited to read it everyday? I have two Bibles of my own that I often take for granted, and these people were CELEBRATING over receiving a complete Bible in their own language! Wow! What a good reminder and challenge!

During my time here, I have had the privilege of coming in contact with Bible translators - whoa. I have heard of people who work on translating Bibles in other countries, but for some reason I thought that this happened long ago - not so much today. Well, I had the privilege of meeting people who have dedicated their lives to translating the Bible so that others may read the Good News. Wow! What an awesome calling!

What is God calling me to do? I would LOVE to know! Being here has confirmed some things while making other things even more unclear. You would think that after being here for 3 months, I would know why God has brought me here. While I am not exactly sure, there are many things that I have learned along the way. My prayer is that I do not allow these lessons to be forgotten when I return home, but that I am able to keep them always on my mind. It may be a few more weeks until I know for sure why God brought me here. It could also be 25 years. Then again, I may never truly understand until I meet Him face to face. Whatever the reason, I am glad to know that I am being used by Him where I am!

Thanks for your continued prayers!

Serving HIM in Brazil,
Brittany

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're in your final week! So excited to have you home and hear about all those experiences. Love you and proud of you.

OXOX Mom

Anonymous said...

$%&$*(&^%%(**&5897
zac