Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Be a Missionary Everyday!






Be a missionary every day [clap clap clap clap]
Tell the world that Jesus is the way [clap clap clap clap]
In the town or city, or busy avenue,
Africa or Asia, the task is up to YOU so
Be a missionary
Gods own emissary
Be a missionary today-ay-ay!

Be a missionary every day [clap clap clap clap]
Tell the world that Jesus is the way [clap clap clap clap]
The Lord is soon returning
There is no time to lose
So...Be a missionary
Gods own emissary
Be a missionary today-ay-ay!

This is a favorite of the kids in my class. Although I have heard it before, I have never known all of the words... until now.... :) If you mention the word "missionary" in my classroom (ooohhhh! I just said "my classroom! :), you won't be able to get their attention until after they sing it at the top of their lungs... Thank you, Pedro, for leading the pack!


I know that some of you have been anxiously awaiting a picture of my precious little ones. Here is one of two of my favorites. Yes, I know teachers aren't supposed to have favorites... I don't show it in the classroom. But if they happen to be available for a quick photo shoot, I might just take advantage of it.... :) Jeffrey, is in my second grade class. The precious little girl with him is no other than the "excuse me" girl - first grader, Stacy. They happen to be cousins. They are the best of friends but can fight like brother and sister. :)





As silly as it sounds, I would appreciate your prayers concerning my computer. It has decided not to turn on lately. I have had numerous people look at it, and they have been able to fix it temporarily. Perhaps God is teaching me not to be so dependent on it. :) Last night, I found this screen: the Blue Screen of Death... I was not excited to see the phrase "beginning of physical dump", nor was I comforted when I heard of what it was called..... I am hoping to download everything onto CD's or even an external hard drive. If you could pray that it stays on until then, I would appreciate it!

I heard something the other day that I thought was rather humorous. Hopefully you will think so too!

What a missionary does when a bug is in their cup:

Year 1: Dump out the cup and get a new drink

Year 2: Use a spoon to get the bug out. Finish the drink.

Year 3: Drink around the bug.

Year 4: Ask, "Where is the bug?" when one is not seen in the cup.
Thanks for your notes and prayers!
Serving HIM in Brazil,
Brittany

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

Hey B! Our computer is doing the EXACT SAME THING! That screen you took a picture of is exactly what ours has been doing for the past 2 days!!! I have to shut it down and restart it, then that blue screen message goes away. Never had this problem until after Skype was installed. Anyone else having this problem? Frustrating. Aunt Cheryl